Monday, January 21, 2008

Bye, bye, Poopie!

Hello!

I’ve tried to write an update email many times over the last few weeks – somehow or another I have been sidetracked or just not in the proper mind set to write. So, alas, this one may not be funny, but at least it gives an update! J

We ended 2007 with a very momentous experience! We stopped in Texas to visit our family and while we were there Mia came up to me and said, “Mommy, potty.”

Just like that. Nothing else. I took her to the bathroom with a bit of disbelief and there she had her very first poopie in the potty. Unbelievable! While visions of the extra cash that would will have when we only have one child in diapers dancing through my head I have continued to support her potty efforts. She’s gone at least once every day since then in the big girl’s potty – she only gets to touch the flusher when she’s given it a good try and she gets rewarded with Starburst (I’m not really considering dental hygiene at this point). She flushes and waves goodbye to the water, often saying, “bye bye, poopie!’ with glee. She also has pull-ups with Cinderella on them – we call them the “Princess Panties” and have long talks about how important it is to keep them clean. She has done great with this, with the exception of walking up to random passerby and pulling her pants down to show off her “pissas petties.”

Since all of my stories right now revolve around bowel movements, let me give you and update on our other sweet cherub. She has had – count ‘em – three poopie diapers since the last time I wrote to you. Yes, three in the last month. I realize that the term “anal retentive” was coined to describe children like my Maggie. Today we introduced rice cereal for the first time. We’ll see if this is a gastrointestinal disaster or the magic cure-all… She’s rolling over very well now, an effort that has aided the expulsion of gasses quite a bit. She also just stands right up when you pull her into a sitting position. I’m amazed at how strong she is!

The semester has started along with the two classes I’m teaching. One is for transfer students, acclimating them to the university culture. It’s quite enjoyable. My other class is also very enjoyable. I’m the writing coach/teacher for the online newspaper.

Izzy’s soccer recruiting is up and running for a hopefully better team next year and there have only been a handful of young men knocking on our door because they need to be let in their rooms this semester. He’s starting to play indoor soccer on Sunday nights.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...