Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkin Fame

I admit to having a fascination with Britney Spears. It’s not something I’m proud of, but I find myself on MSN Entertainment checking in to her life and looking at her photos.


What I didn’t realize is that my fascinations have infected my children.


For example, Mia has discovered that fame has a cost – paparazzi. She’s been working on the “no photos, please” pose:


In addition to fame and fortune, we’ve had other things on our minds. October has started off with a gorgeous change of weather. It was actually chilly to me today, which was a nice relief from hot and muggy. We celebrated Homecoming for the college this past weekend and Isaiah’s mom and dad have been visiting with us. Popi and Mima are always a huge hit with the girls!


Mia has entered her singing stage. She will regularly stand in front of us, instruct us to stop what we’re doing and listen to her, and then serenade us. She’s getting pretty good at the “ABC’s” and “Bumblebee.”


Maggie has begun to show evidence that she has a vocabulary. She trots to the table at high speed and bangs on it with her fists when she thinks there’s food around. She also has learned to blow her nose into a tissue, which has been nice considering her nose is like a faucet of snot! When will she ever get more teeth?!


We all went to the pumpkin patch this week. It was so much nicer this year than last – I went with my

MOPS group and Maggie was about 4 weeks old. I was carrying Maggie in the Snugli while trying to maintain a hold on Mia who was only 19 months at the time. I remember sitting on those stupid hay bales, almost in tears, thinking – my life is SO difficult! I vetoed even taking a pumpkin home last year (mean Mommy!) because I didn’t know how to carry Mia, Maggie and the pumpkin all at the same time!


This year, much better! We were able to do science experiments on the rotting pumpkins (“No, Maggie! That’s not good to eat!”) and enjoy the giant inflatable bouncy. What a difference a year makes:







I must admit, now that Maggie is starting to get little wisps of hair, I have begun to wonder what

life would be like if we embarked upon the childbearing adventure yet again. Then I usually remember that Brittany Spears was checked into an institution shortly after having

children and also shaved her head bald. That would probably not be such a good thing and a real possibility for me. So I tend to avoid that line of thought and simply be grateful for the little imps that I have.


After all, what can possibly beat the sweetness of two little girls, asleep and silent??



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...