Just in case you have become frightened that our house is one of disaster and disgust, I would like to inform you that we are also great hosts to dance parties.
This morning, Maggie started the dance party in the shower. Mia joined in quickly, and before long we even had music off of Daddy’s phone and were wearing the beads that we have in the shower for the girls to enjoy!
It’s funny to me that Maggie can dance so well. She’s just recently updated her moves. Instead of just bobbing up and down, she now sticks her arms in front of her, slightly bent, and moves her hands back and forth like she’s opening door knobs. This, combined with a beautiful smile, has been enough to send me over the edge of joy in my children for awhile now. It also entertains the people in the bleachers at basketball games, because she’ll stop whatever she’s doing and dance along with the cheerleaders.
Strangely enough, even though she's older, Mia’s dancing is much less graceful and more reminiscent of what I would imagine an octopus going into cardiac arrest looks like. Mia’s arms flail, she thrusts her hips this way and that, and her wild hair certainly doesn’t do much to inspire grace.
I won’t comment on what the Mommy and Daddy look like as they dance along with the girls.
It’s the moments like this morning’s dance party that keep us going. Those times make me almost cry with happiness and contentment. I feel so incredibly blessed to have an opportunity to know these two vastly different, quirky and hilarious little girls! I rejoice over the little things, like Maggie learning to lift her legs and put them in her pants all by herself, and Mia learning what “similar” means. It’s such a simple life, but it’s so rich, so real.
For anyone wanting to take a look at something that is not simple and not real, go to www.pixiehollow.com It’s the Disney website that centers around Tinkerbell. You can go online and make your own fairies. I was completely appalled by this when the college students told me about it – but strangely fascinated by the crazy names they came up with to name their fairies.
I have requested and received my own fairy name, which you may use to address me in the future, should you so desire. It is Jade Mangotoes.
Goes right along with the quote off of Horton Hears a Who where Katie says, “I want to live in a world where everybody is a pony, eats rainbows, and poops butterflies!”
What?! Is this really what we’re feeding a generation of little girls? Argh! (Although the butterfly poop would have been much nicer than what we experienced last week.) I’m frightened.
And that is all I have to say about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment