Friday, June 5, 2009

And our next Dance... Tango & Samba

Here are our newest additions to the family!


Because life simply wasn’t hectic enough with two toddlers around, we have decided to complicate matters by adding two puppies to the mix! In honor of Mia’s Dancing with the Stars phase, we have named them Tango and Samba (Tango is blue, Samba is brown.)


Tango and Samba entered our lives on Saturday as a relatively spontaneous activity. We have talked about having a dog for a year (since we moved into the house) but have shot the idea down for various reasons. When we went to Georgia our kids were scared of my cousin’s golden retriever and we both thought that it would be ridiculous for us to raise kids that were scared of dogs. We had already decided that we would get two dogs when the time came…


…and I suppose that the time came!


I had three panic attacks by the time I went to bed on Saturday about how we were going to scar these dogs for life, not be able to take care of them, have a house that smells of dog, a yard covered in poop and so on and so forth… and in the days following I have come to realize that I love these puppies. I still am vaguely worried, but far from panicked.


They sleep. A LOT.



And when they’re awake, Mia and Maggie are playing with them practically non-stop, which has actually improved my quality of thought life.


They’re not too smart. Especially Samba. She’s prettier, in my opinion, but a little slow on the update. However, she likes to just sit. Did you get that? Just sit. I haven’t had anything in my life that likes to sit still for a long time. It’s quite refreshing!


Now, all this being said, I still haven’t told my parents. I’m scared to death about what they’re going to say. “Idiot,” “Crazy,” “Impulsive” come to mind. Sigh. I realize that I’m an adult with kids of my own and I’m nervous about this… but that’s just the way it is sometimes!


So, I have a plan. I’m going to send them a letter with the news. (I send them these emails but they never check, so I think my secret is still safe!) And avoid calling them until they call me.


And in the meantime, if you see them would you please tell them lots of stuff about how we’re such good parents that we should definitely have more kids? If you go on and on about it – tell them that you’ve been recommending it to us! – then by the time they find out about the puppies they’ll just be relieved that it’s dogs instead of a kid.


What do you think?


(I know… you’d rather have me be a grown up and just call and tell them. I’ll think on it…)

2 comments:

Kelly Benware said...

Woohoo... if it makes you feel better, we're about to move into another SMALL dorm apartment with two labs. =) I have not confirmed acceptance and we keep going back and forth on whether or not to keep one, but my gut tells me we will end up with both!!! Please tell me what you think... "Idiots" "Crazies"...

I think you'll have a lot of fun and you make me feel better for considering two dogs!!!

Kelly Benware said...

By "keep one" I meant one of our 9 pups.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...