Hi everyone! I hope that you’re all doing well and enjoying those monsoons. Yesterday it was 93 degrees with humidity here…
I thought I’d update you that we met with our new OB yesterday. His name is Dr. Miller and he appears to be pretty cool. Much more personality and humor than the doctor I was seeing. He was also wearing little blue booties over his cowboy boots and I was a little uncertain of everything he said because he has a significant drawl. But… I did like him and since he’s the only doctor in town who is covered on our insurance I believe that we’ve found a keeper! He’s thinking that we’ll schedule the c-section for either Sept 5 or 7, preferably the 5th. We’ll keep you posted!
Mia has been quite entertaining. Rachel is still staying with us (she was approved for her apartment and has moved a great deal of her stuff over but the electricity can’t be turned on until Wednesday!) and Mia has taken to just looking at her and screeching. I don’t know why. It’s sometimes followed by a babble of words, sometimes not… but there is definitely a screech involved! Mia and I took a shower this morning and she soaped herself down with the bar of soap and then began to eat it. I was a bit taken aback by this behavior and took the soap away from her – she then began to lick all the foam. She looked up at me with a toothy, soap bubbly grin and then… slowly… her face began to change… It’s really hard to talk a toddler into getting a mouthful of water from the shower spray!
All else has been fairly good – we inadvertently set the fire alarm off for the whole residence hall by placing garlic bread on the top rack of the oven for broiling… that was mildly embarrassing…
"Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it." -- Bill Cosby
Friday, July 27, 2007
Doctor? Check!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment