Monday, August 13, 2007

The difference between a broiler and a crock pot is...


… the difference between Arizona weather in August and Oklahoma weather in August! When I went to school in Indiana, I thought that the humidity was something like walking outside and being licked all over. (yuck!) After experiencing the weather lately here, and yesterday’s 104 degrees plus humidity particularly, I’ve decided that both the hot, arid weather of Arizona and the moistness of Oklahoma will cook you, one’s just a lot more sneaky and gentle than the other. You still end up roasted!

Sorry it’s been a few weeks since I’ve given an update. In the meantime there have been a few happenings, starting with the 20 hour round-trip drive to Minnesota for our family reunion. We got there the day after the bridge collapsed and our hotel was about 7 blocks away from the site in Minneapolis. It was fairly strange as an outsider to know about the structural deficiencies in the bridges around the state and then go over bridges every time we went anywhere – of course, for the locals it was pretty heart wrenching. The reunion was awesome and Mia had such a fun time with her older cousins – she was the youngest one there and they just spoiled her with attention and she spent her time acting like a “big girl.”

While we were at the reunion Izzy was working on some emails for work and discovered that his direct supervisor resigned. The supervisor had left on vacation the day after we moved in, returned the day before we left for the reunion, and resigned and had his last day while we were gone! So… things got chaotic. Everyone came together from the student life team and it looks like opening is going to go well, but it’s has been interesting for Izzy to not have the wisdom of his supervisor for his first opening.

The soccer women moved back to campus and today is their first day of practice. We’re so excited to have both Rachel Surber and Gaby Buch here! The rest of the team is looking to be the same caliber of character as those two women so it’s exciting to think of what will be going on. The team is very small this year… only 14 players right now. If you think of it, please send up some prayers for the women and avoiding injuries, and the possibility that there might be some students coming in who would want to play with the team and plump out the roster.

As for me, I just keep growing. The baby is doing fine, I don’t have anything interesting to report regarding the pregnancy. I have to laugh because while I feel like a Beluga whale, I know that I am doing really well. I can even still see my ankle bones in the mornings! (but not the eveningsJ) Mia is adjusting to the move, which makes her easy to be around, and we’re pretty much unpacked. We’re waiting on the linen closet to be completed (it had significant water damage from a leak in the apartment upstairs), but that’s about it!

All the best to you each – we miss you and love you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...