I realize that I just barely emailed you, but it’s been such a great day that I had to send another update out!
The day started out with a visit to the pediatrician’s office. His name is Dr. Harris. Izzy is right in the middle of insanity with the students, so unlike our normal routine where he goes to these visits with me, I was flying solo with Mia and the “pink race car” stroller. I showed up at the office and they promptly handed me the ream of paperwork that you have to complete when you visit the first time, I had approximately 2 minutes to begin and then they called me back. I stripped Mia down (she’s now 23 lbs and 33 in, placing her at approximately 90th percentile on height and 40th percentile on weight – yes, we’re raising a spider), and then I continued to try to fill the paperwork out while my little terror “explored” the office thoroughly, stuffing raisins into her gullet by the large handful. Did I mention I had the good sense to schedule the appointment smack dab in the middle of morning naptime? Yep, I’m brilliant.
Dr. Harris came in very carefully, as Mia was hanging on the doorknob at that point while I fussed at her with paperwork in my mouth like a brontosaurus eating greens. I was able to put the paperwork aside, fend the child off of it, accept the various pamphlets that he handed me and apologize profusely for the whirlwind that was my child. At that point he won my undying respect and devotion when he said that it gave him an excellent opportunity to observe her motor skills, she was developing perfectly and that she was obviously “smart as a whip.” Ding, ding! I have found an excellent pediatrician! J I have also had a reaffirmation of how much I love my super-supportive husband and miss him when he’s away!
Shortly thereafter I visited Dr. Miller, my cowboy-boot wearing, Oklahoma-drawl exhibiting OB who informed me that I had lost weight because the baby has dropped a bit and released pressure from my veins, causing me to lose water weight. He told me to expect to be miserable, waddle, and that everything was normal unless I had amniotic fluid washing down my legs. I continue to be impressed with how glamorous pregnancy is.
Finally, the day has ended (sort of), with a meeting for the Freshman Formation class that they have asked me to help instruct. I know this will sound insane to you, but it was so awesome! I met the two student leadership who will be my TA’s and we planned for our incoming class of 14 students. Very good stuff.
Now we’re on our way to a banquet … I expect we will continue to have a great day. Just thought I’d share about the adventures while they were fresh on my mind!
"Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it." -- Bill Cosby
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Another Update? So Soon?! Why, yes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment