Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Maggie's Birth Day



Hi everyone!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers this last week as we had a new addition to our family! On Wednesday we headed into the hospital, grandma, grandpa, Mima, Izzy, Mia and myself. Since I had already had Mia by c-section I was fairly prepared with the procedure. Everything went really well except for the spinal.. as with Mia, they had a difficult time finding the right space to place the numbing medication. The positive thing about that was that once they got it in, it didn’t hurt anymore!

Maggie was born at 12:42 p.m. (I realized after I got home that Mia was also born at 12:42 p.m. – isn’t that a cool coincidence?!) and Izzy was able to be in the OR to see her. She came out kicking and screaming! Once everyone was able to get back to the room we had fun introducing her to her new big sister. Mia seems to think she’s a pretty good addition to the family and has spent her time delicately touching her forehead and covering her up with a blanket. Ah – and kissing her. Yesterday Mia was actually sucking on Maggie’s toes.

We were released from the hospital after only two days, which was pretty exciting. Maggie has gone back for her pediatrics appointment and has checked out great – she was born at 7 lbs. 10 oz. and, though she lost weight right away, is back up to 7 lbs. 8 oz. already. She’s quite the little eater!

I think that’s about all from here. We’re walking around in a happy daze that is interspersed with wild exhaustion… life is good. J

Thank you again for thinking about us! We love you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...