Friday, September 28, 2007

Hello, friends! I hope this email finds you doing well!

It’s been a little while since I continued the adventures of Mia – now I’ll have to re-term them the adventures of Mia and Maggie! I often ask Mia if she’s full of “spit and vinegar” – now I realize that Maggie is the “spit” and Mia is the “vinegar”… J

The last few weeks of adjusting to life as a mommy of two has been both awesome and really challenging. The girls are both great – Maggie has gotten great reviews from the pediatrician about how she’s gaining weight, etc., and Mia has surpassed my expectations and not been jealous or tried to injure Maggie in any way. (It’s the small blessings, right?!)

In fact, Mia has been developing great aspects of her personality. She is constantly looking at Maggie and shouting, “Baby!” as though she’s surprised all over again that there’s a live being right there! Izzy has joked that she has the memory of a goldfish – every single time she’s just SO excited! She has also decided that she needs a “shower baby” – she takes the washcloth and carefully wraps it around the bottle of Cetaphil facial soap, rocking it, burping it, shushing it and I’m pretty sure I caught her changing its diaper! She likes to kiss Maggie a lot, and I’ve had to cut her off when she begins to try to suck on Maggie’s toes. Maggie, for her part, tends to be a little bit put off by the huge face and insistent hands of her sister…

Maggie is developing her personality, which right now looks to be fairly laid back and sweet. She makes lots more noises than we remember Mia making – she actually sounds like a doggie squeaky toy a lot of the time! She grumbles to herself and stretches and has an awful lot of action with her tongue… She started out her life with some amazing vomit experiences, but lately has seemed to be ready to keep it in her tummy more. As I type, she’s curled up on her daddy’s chest and Mia is asleep right next to him. They both have their mouths open and look extraordinarily similar with their sleepy faces. It’s a good picture.

As for Isaiah and I – well, we’re just keepin’ on keepin’ on! I’m really enjoying teaching my class and was approached by the course formulators to step into the formulation role in the spring for next year’s class. Isaiah’s jobs have started to become normal – the soccer team is still in the spot of learning that they could actually win a game. Though they’ve had only one win thus far in the season the sad but true claim to fame is that the team has scored more goals this year than in the preceding three years combined. The season’s halfway through – we’ll see what it’s like come November.


Oklahoma weather has been holding true at hot and muggy. I find that I enjoy it much more now that I’m not a pregnant walrus. I haven’t frozen the air conditioning pipes at all for several weeks! We’re sleep deprived and so on and so forth – but happy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...