Saturday, January 31, 2009

I say a little prayer for you....

I was just putting Mia down for bed – we’ve started to read a story in bed and then pray together before she actually settles down.

Tonight was a difficult night because we got in late from a set of basketball games at the college. It was a lot of fun (the men are currently ranked #6 in their conference, but yesterday they beat the #3 ranked team… it’s going to be a fun championship season!) and Mia and Maggie both amused the fans as they stood in the bleachers and shook their hips when the music was played over the loudspeakers.

Anyway, here’s Mia’s prayer tonight:

Dear God,

Thank you for the roof

And our house

And the lights (at this point I was beginning to think she was just going to name everything she could see while staring at the ceiling)

And airplanes

And toys

And Daddy

And Mommy

And Maggie

And Mia

And Baby Jesus (she’s actually told us that she’s planning to marry baby Jesus. She’s a big fan of his.)

Amen.

I told her that was a lovely prayer. She snuggled into the nook of my arm and said, “Mommy, I like you.” I was glowing in happiness. And we were quiet for a little while.

Then, in a quote from the Incredibles, Mia says:

“Mommy, you need to be more flexible.”

Well, the glow was great while it lasted!

1 comment:

Kelly Benware said...

That Mia's a real joker!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...