by Kathy FictorieIf you give a mom a muffin,
She'll want a cup of coffee to go with it.
She'll pour herself some
The coffee will get spilled by her three-year-old.
She'll wipe it up.
Wiping the floor, she will find some dirty socks.
She'll remember she has to do some laundry.
When she puts the laundry in the washer,
She'll trip over some snow boots and bump into the freezer.
Bumping into the freezer will remind her she has to plan supper for tonight.
She will get out a pound of hamburger.
She'll look for her cookbook. (101 Things to Make with a Pound of Hamburger.)
The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail.
She will see the phone bill which is due tomorrow.
She will look for her checkbook.
The checkbook is in her purse that is being dumped out by her two-year-old.
She'll smell something funny.
She'll change the two-year-old.
While she is changing the two-year-old the phone will ring. (Of course!)
Her five-year-old will answer it and hang up.
She remembers that she wants to phone a friend to come for coffee on Friday.
Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup.
She will pour herself some.
And chances are,
If she has a cup of coffee,
Her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with it!
This is a poem that I found in a book I would like to recommend to EVERY mom, What Every Mom Needs, by Elisa Morgan and Carol Kuykendall. I was gifted this book and originally quite put off because the cover has pink flowers and a woman doing the "I love what you do for me - Toyota!"-jump. BUT, after reading one chapter I was hooked! It's almost a research paper disguised as a girly flower book. It's made me laugh, made me cry, and best of all, made me think about how I'm living my life intentionally. Again, I highly recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment