Friday, September 17, 2010

Big Book O' Love


The highlight of our evening and morning has been working through a big book that has one large page for each of Mia’s classmates. Each page is laminated and has pictures of the kids now, as a baby, their family, favorite foods, toys, color and song.

Inside these pages I finally get to see the little ones that she’s been telling stories about. There really is a Leland and a Trenton and an Audreyana!

I loved hearing her tell about each student and how she categorizes them in her head.

There was Jackson – I can tell from his family photo that his dad is in the military, possibly deployed right now.

“He laughs and me – and thinks I’m funny!” Mia announced.

The other boys didn’t get much information, except Caidon who’s “SO sweet!” (He’s the one who wants to die in her heart.)

What really touched me was her description of a set of twins who are developmentally behind. They’re both in her class and have a special aid with them to help integrate them into the learning.

When we got to their page Mia said, “Her – well, did you know that she still wears Pull-Ups?!” I said I didn’t know that and asked how she did in class.

“Well, she’s still learning, but she’s doing better every day!” Mia said with real pride in this little girl’s accomplishment.

Don’t I wish that instead of being frustrated with other people’s struggles I could change my perspective and genuinely rejoice in their successes?

Funny how sometimes I learn what’s really right about life from my 4-year-old.

JJ


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...