Monday, July 11, 2011

Today We Took A Break

Well, the good news is our boxes are almost completely unpacked.

The bad news is the big trailer is still being used a mobile packing device. And this is after we've culled out enough stuff to have a complete garage sale on our own!

Sigh.

While things have been going well every day, today Iz and I made a decision to fly the coop. I'm calling it a mental health day and it was wonderful.

We drove to the Grand Canyon! What an amazing place and how cool is it that we live close enough now that we can spontaneously decide to drive up on a Sunday afternoon?!
I don't know why there is such a range of expression on our faces.  I just smiled and hoped we'd all be looking at the camera!


One of the things I enjoyed the most was listening to the variety of languages spoken by the other visitors. I'm certain I heard Spanish, French, German and Japanese. I suspect I heard Dutch but I'm not sure.

The funniest part of it is how I found myself using gestures to communicate with others and how completely shocked I was when I heard a young gal speak with a VERY American accent!

I also learned that cute children and babies translate into every language!
We had to convince Maggie the railing wasn't a jungle gym meant for climbing...


When we got home I found myself unpacking the box of school items and came across a photo book from Mia's 3K class in Bartlesville. It brought me to tears as I thought about how special that year was for her and that her teacher was such an amazing woman.

And then I got a little scared because we're homeschooling this fall and I'm certain I'm not going to be nearly as good at this as Mia's other teachers have been. I'm just going to hold on to the knowledge I have love and individual attention/small class size on my side and keep praying!

Thanks for following with me on the random assortment of updates. I hope you're doing well!

JJ
http://stealingfaith.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...