Thursday, July 28, 2011

And So It Begins

The dear family in the hours before our South Dakota wedding.  We visited an AMAZING botanical garden!

Tomorrow we will begin the yard sale in earnest.  I'm very ready, because there's a practical aspect of trying to earn extra cash while also emptying storage units to re-rent, but I'm also groaning because it means we're entering the stage of life where we are covered in dirt and grime and rooting around through other people's stuff.

Oh, the adventures that are about to begin!

Today we went through a storage unit with boxes upon boxes of old slides.  No projector, just the slides.  Apparently this person traveled abroad quite a bit.

Do you have any ideas of how to many a profit off of boxes and boxes of slides of family vacations?  Perhaps to be used as torture instruments for a Communist government?

I hope some of the things we discover tickle my funny bone - that will be the best part of going through junk that was once a treasure.  (And may be a treasure to someone else soon, $10 for that crock pot, please!)

We're pretty settled in our new home, although it seems as soon as I empty a box or sort through a pile two more appear.  I'm holding out hope we will have the house in good, streamlined working order by the time the first snow falls.

After all, when the snow comes we'll be spending a lot of time inside!

(One last thought tonight - my couponing/looking for deals has mixed success.  BUT... 24-packs of Crayola crayons are on sale at Fry's right now for 25 cents a pack.  If you have need of them, that's a good price!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...