Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Enemy of the Pic

I've always been a little paranoid and concerned about how people can do bad things.

I watched Enemy of the State and, purely based on that movie and its ability to track Will Smith through the world, I refuse to enable OnStar in our vehicle.

It drives my husband crazy.  He's all safety-minded and stuff whereas I want to be able to disappear completely if necessary.

Today in another blog I read, It's Almost Naptime, I saw a clip from a new story that shared how our use of smartphones with location enabling can seriously put us at risk.  (Yet another sign that technology is going to kill us all.  And yet I remain addicted.)

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY]

I've gone through and tried to disable every location tracking device I can find, once again.  And I'd suggest you do the same.

'Cuz I love people and all, but I don't want them to know where I am at any given time.  You saw how that turned out with Will Smith.

(Oh, and always keep enough cash on hand that you can flee the bad guys without using a credit card.  Because that is totally relevant to the every day person's life.)



Stumble It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...