Monday, August 15, 2011

Top Three Things and Some Photos

It's been a shamefully long time since I updated here with photos.  I'm so sorry!
It doesn't sound like our life is very full these days, but it has been!  The top three things:

1.  Running the mini storage.  We're now the resident managers of the storage, which means we're "on" 7 days a week from 7am - 7pm.  The office is open 8am - 5pm every day except Sunday.  This is a normal work week for a lot of people, but it has been a change from our normal flexibility.

Isaiah has decided to start a personal war with pine needles - to date I think he's bagged close to 50 huge black bags of pine needles from the grounds.  It's making a difference, but it's also a little depressing because of how many are still left!

2.  The yard sale.  My whole life we have used a yard sale to dispose of contents of units people abandon for various reasons.  This is not your ordinary yard sale... we have enough volume to be running a thrift store (and there's more to take out!).  It's been slower this year than in years past.  I'm using Craigslist to advertise certain items but it really hasn't taken off.  So, we may have to reassess but for now it's a life of sorting, organizing, cleaning, and tarping for the daily monsoons.

3.  Homeschooling.  Even though our school year won't officially start with Classical Conversations until the 23rd, we have begun our year.  The girls are in desperate need of some structure!  I've discovered they're too active and creative to be left without structure for too long.  (Let your imagination wander on that topic...)  They thrive with the school work and we've been reading through Little House in the Big Woods, which has been awesome.  My goal is for both of them to be reading independently by Christmas.  Mia's almost there right now and Maggie's doing ok.  We'll see!

I've continued to post daily on StealingFaith.com.  It's turned into my personal quest (Iz has pine needles, I have a website!).  It's growing, so if you have time, stop over there yourself and if you like it, please recommend/share it with friends.  I've discovered beside writing talent you have to have a "platform" to break into the publishing industry.  Readers of StealingFaith are my opportunity to prove to a publisher people would buy something I've written!

We had a wonderful time at our family reunion in St. Louis at the end of July.  Here are some photos, followed by a few of the girls in our new digs in Flagstaff:

Melt downs at the top of the St. Louis Arch with cousin Aspen

Aren't my mom and dad a good lookin' couple?!

St. Louis Zoo... wonderful zoo, so hot I wanted to melt.

The zoo provided their own "misters" - cousin Aspen loved it!

Riding with Daddy in the golf cart around the mini storage!

Yes, she selected every part of this ensemble.

Our Mia is about to lose another tooth.  She's growing up so quickly!
That's the quick and dirty update from here!  Hope you're all doing wonderfully!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...