Alright. I'm warning you now. If you don't want to know or care that my kids are awesome, you should definitely not watch these videos.
They are the same song, performed by the girls separately because they were being punks and wouldn't sing at the same time. That's they way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
They are singing the first four sections of the Timeline Song, put together by Classical Conversations, the homeschooling group we're working with (there are 20 sections altogether).
When we were first deciding if CC and homeschooling in general was something we were willing to walk into one parent told us about this song. "It's amazing!" she said. "Each year they learn a Timeline Song that walks them through history from Creation to Modern Times! It integrates Biblical history and ancient/modern secular history into the same timeline so you have an understanding of what is happening and in which order!"
At first I didn't know if my little ones could figure it out - after all, "Hyksos Invasion of Egypt" and "Phoenician Civilization and the Alphabet" are not words that easily roll off the tongues of a three-year-old and five-year-old!
We take one section a week - you can see where the sections are by where the girls pause and Maggie needs a prompt! - and practice it for about 10 minutes a day. There are cards with descriptions of each event and an illustration (anything from Caravagio's portrayal of the Sacrifice of Isaac to photos of pottery from the Mycenaean Civilization). Depending on their interest we spend extra time on certain cards and learn more about the history behind that little chunk.
So now that I've given the background, enjoy the videos! I'm so proud of the little stinkers!
2 comments:
Oh, how I miss those girlies! :o)
Very awesome!
...and it appears you have a baby in a cage behind Maggie...not that there's anything wrong with that.
: )
Post a Comment