Thursday, April 24, 2008

BIG FUN!

Aloha! I say this Hawaiian word with a sense of irony because our weather right now is anything but an island dream. We’re in the midst of major thunderstorms and yesterday the tornado warning horn went off. Now, the weather center admitted that the horn went off because they had accidentally pushed the button… but it was still a bit more dramatic than I care to participate in again.

We’re just progressing along. I guess that’s the joy of living in a house with little ones – almost every day there’s some new accomplishment. Mia has taken to stringing words together – there’s a pause in between each word but she can now say up to four words to forma sentence. I’m very proud of her!

Her most recent identification is the word “fun.” We were doing the helicopter spin (the one that they say to never, ever do because swinging kids around by their arms can make their shoulders pop out of socket) and Mia was shrieking with laughter. She fell down (so did I!) and then looks at me and says, “Mommy! This… FUNNY!”

Last night takes the cake, however. We went to dinner with two other couples from the college and another little girl who is 5. Mia was enraptured by everything little Blakely did – from fingering the buttons on her dress to running her fingers through Blakely’s hair. She chased her all around the table (we were in a private section – thank you for that blessing) and they became fast friends. At one point I looked at Mia and said, “Are you having fun?” She beamed at me and, stretching her arms as wide as they would go, said, “Yes, Mommy… BIG… FUN!”

Mia and Maggie have been interacting more every day, which I adore. Right now they are in the nursery playing together, which looks like Maggie sitting on the floor and grinning while Mia dances around her yelling, “Maggie! Maggie!” It warms my heart to watch them – this morning Maggie actually waved her hands in the air when Mia walked into the room. I know that they will hate each other at times while they’re growing up but I hope that overall they are friends.

We had a scare last week – I discovered that the diamond on my engagement ring was missing! It had been passed down from Izzy’s great-grandma so I was understandably upset. We were in Tulsa when I noticed it missing and I spent the remaining hours between that moment and our arrival home trying to figure out how we would fix the situation. We walked into the apartment and Isaiah went over to the blanket that Maggie sits on on the floor and – there it was! Just hanging out, no worries! I took it to the jeweler and received it back day before yesterday. It’s shiner than it’s ever been!

I forgot something really huge! Yesterday the student government announced that Izzy is the Staff Member of the Year! How cool is that??

I suppose that about covers it for today – I hope that you’re doing well and enjoying the change of seasons… just stay out of the tornados. Aloha!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...