Mia has a little cell phone that allows us to record a message to her – it also rings after it’s been closed for about 10 seconds to keep her occupied. It’s a great phone.
She brought it out of her toy basket this morning and, having had my morning coffee already, I chirped to her, “Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!”
She turned very serious, almost offended, and scolded me, “No, mommy. Ah cah gamma and gampa!” That settles it. Grandma and Grandpa can do anything – even handle ghosts!
I’m collecting a list of things you don’t want to be a part of as a parent. So far my top contenders are:
It’s never a good thing to hear your spouse say from the shower while bathing your infant, “Wow! You’re really slippery!”
When your child tells you that they are “not sleepy, have no need for a nap and they will not wear pajamas” at 3 p.m. and you have not mentioned a single one of these items to them… you’re in for a long afternoon and evening.
Maggie is getting closer and closer to sleeping through the night, so I have hope of returning to normal sanity sometime in the next few weeks. We’re headed to Arizona in May, so that’s fun to look forward to after the students leave here – we’ll miss them. It’s really hard to believe that a year has gone by since we moved… I guess when you’re in the midst of changing diapers and chasing babies time flies. I heard on a show yesterday that the average parent spends almost 3 months of time changing diapers if you added it all together – and then you double that when you have more than one.
Mia is still potty-training. I think she’d have it down already if I would just stay home with her one day and be consistent. As it is, she’ll tell me that she needs to go potty but we’re grocery shopping and I just encourage her to put it in her diaper. Bad mommy, bad mommy.
Well, I’m off to supervise the adventures of BunnyTown. Not nearly as exciting as Super Why! or Handy Manny, but much more enjoyable than WonderPets. Ah, whatever happened to my firm commitment not to let my children watch t.v.?!
No comments:
Post a Comment