Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Imagine That!

All I can say is that you guys are the most supportive, awesome people out there. I have SO appreciated your comments and feedback regarding my petulant 9 rules for the new baby! I have given it a lot of thought and realized that I need to modify them somewhat. The reality is that the people who need to hear the rules will disregard them anyway and the ones I’m not worried about will probably become so freaked out they avoid me for six months.

So... I will post something... But it will be a kinder, gentler set of guidelines. And you guys get great kudos for your feedback and for loving me despite my massive grumpy failings!

The conversation I had with Isaiah this week that I never would have imagined coming out of my mouth?

Me: Oh my GOODNESS! My belly is itching like crazy!!!
Isaiah: Have you put lotion on it?
Me: Oh yes! I’ve used so much lotion that my belly is breaking out!

(Who knew that breakouts can take place on your belly. I thought it was reserved for your face... But no, in order to make you feel super-duper attractive, in addition to swollen legs, visible veins, growing moles, etc., you get to experience abdominal puberty! SOOOO lucky!)

The event I had this week that I never would have imagined?

We went to Sam’s Club and I checked out while Isaiah went to the bathroom. I sat at one of the food tables, with Mia and Maggie in the cart and my back resting on the actual table. All of the sudden I got the sense that someone was near and I smelled something.

I glanced out of the corner of my eye to discover that there was a middle-aged to older gentleman who, in the midst of a sea of empty tables, had decided to sit at my table. With a hot dog (one of the stinkiest items of food I’ve ever known) literally mounded with sauerkraut.

Ug!

I bounded out of the store, leaving Isaiah to fend for himself, and considered that when you already have a very sensitive sniffer and then include the joys of pregnancy smelling capabilities, sitting next to me with sauerkraut in your hand becomes something I view akin to assault with a deadly weapon.

The activity I wish had been imagination this week?

Mia had surgery. Honest to goodness, knock ‘er out, surgery. It wasn’t really that big of a deal, she had a bizarre cyst on her thigh that has been growing for about a year. After visiting with the pediatrician, dermatologist, and general surgeon, everyone concluded that it would be best to get the cyst removed.

So Tuesday morning at 6:30 a.m. we arrived at the hospital with a Mia who looked ever-so-small in that teal-green hospital gown. She was a trouper! The best part was when they gave her the sedative and she started seeing things!




When it was all said and done she has a large water-proof bandage on her leg for two more days and we’re going to have to keep it covered and her as calm as possible for about 10 more days. Then I’m thinking we’ll invest in a tube of Mederma and hope for the best regarding the scar. They’ve sent the cyst off to be biopsied, but I’d be shocked if anything bad came of it. I’ll keep you posted if it’s something significant.

The child like antic I hadn’t ever imagined coming from my child this week?

Maggie has a crush. She’s in love with Owen.

And, let’s face it, Owen is a good-looking kid. He’s been playing house with her at school, so I guess he’s a family man.

Maggie’s been drawing him pictures. He’s been running to greet her. It’s really quite sweet.

But earlier this week Maggie admitted that she’s been kissing Owen.

And that has to stop. Cold turkey.

So I’ve talked to her. Daddy’s talked to her. Owen’s mom, who happens to be the administrator of the school the girls go to has talked to Owen. The problem should be settled.

Maggie has happily announced that boys are stinky. Her Daddy is quite pleased with the results.

But yesterday Maggie was wearing her Dora the Explorer underwear. It filled her with so much joy that she danced around the living room, spinning and giggling and pulling on her panties.

And then she came over to me and said that she can’t wait to go to school and show Owen her underpants.

I think we’ve got our hands full with this one. We are accepting any prayers that come our way.


And, finally, Mikayla is still cooking. Though there have been a couple of rough days of contractions that start and stop and I feel like a walrus most of the time, she appears no more interested in making a real-life appearance today than she did a month ago. We’ll keep you posted. :)


JJ

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Mia!!! Glad everything turned out okay!! Miss you guys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...