Last weekend we met my friends from grad school in St. Louis. They’re coming from Chicago and Indianapolis and St. Louis was our “meet in the middle” point. It feels like it’s been an eternity since we were all together, almost four years since our husbands were in the same room, and the first time all of our babies have met.
It sounds like a recipe for chaos but I am very pleased to report that we were able to eat in a restaurant with six adults and four babies and not be thrown out, there were no “ironing board” mishaps in our hotel rooms, and the bubbles in the Jacuzzi were a big hit!
On the drive out we stopped for dinner at Braums. I was holding Mia when Izzy noticed an eyelash on her cheek. He carefully plucked it off and held it up to her, instructing her to blow.
We do that all the time with each other – take the fallen eyelashes and blow them away while making a wish. We’ve wished for all sorts of things… except that it will ever become fashionable to wear layered socks or leg warmers again.
Anyway, after Izzy told Mia to blow she lowered her head, lined up and snorted out her nose. The eyelash stayed put but the boogers flew.
Mia just doesn’t have the hang of blowing yet. We had to blow out her birthday candle for her because she was actually a little scared. Note to self – next year, I need to prepare her for the singing and candle. She was so surprised this year that she immediately retreated to my lap and refused to be moved until we had coaxed her away with a chocolate cupcake and visit to her new pink tent.
But, back to St. Louis, Mia put on her swimsuit to go to the pool and decided she was very pretty. I shamelessly promote my child’s cuteness.
I’m also excited to report that Maggie is sitting up on her own now! It’s amazing… and she’s only toppled over with a painful kersplat a few times at this point. I have high hopes for her athletic abilities. She’s also amazingly quick with her hands and legs – you know how you wake yourself up at night sometimes jumping? She’s that quick on a regular basis.
It’s not yet spring here but we have hope. On Sunday we went to the (free!) St. Louis zoo with the girls and wore short sleeves… by Sunday night we were driving through torrential rain fall. I told Izzy I couldn’t look anymore because the visibility was so limited and closed my eyes… I woke up just a few minutes from Bartlesville – Hooray for me, bummer for him.
Best to you!
1 comment:
Man; I wish I was pretty too. At least Mia's decided Brenton's handsome now!
Post a Comment