Saturday, March 22, 2008

Photos Galore

We have discovered which of our children is comfortable taking direction and which must always be in charge.

This photos is from our recent trip to the grocery store – thank you Lord for a place that offers carts for two children. Two small, squirming, occasionally howling children. We’ve basically decided to oust the SuperWalMart because of the cart situation and also because there always seem to be approximately 97 people standing in line to check out. To wait this long is not conducive to good behavior on the part of the babies. So, now we shop at Food Pyramid with Mia in the driver seat, complaining mightily when Maggie offers her good-natured direction!

I’m prompted to write by another important milestone on the part of Miss Maggie. She can now pull herself up and stand for a minute! We’re very proud of her, but not hardly as proud as she is of herself! She gets the cutest smile of accomplishment as she realizes what she’s doing. It’s great fun to watch her.

She has also begun to notice mirrors. I remember this phase with Mia. Mia absolutely loved the full length mirrors at my parents’ house and would often “kiss the cute” baby she saw looking at her. This past weekend we were in Dallas for a wedding and the hotel had a full length mirror – Maggie really enjoyed flirting with the pink-clad baby she saw smiling at her. However, she got a little disgruntled when she lost her balance and bonked her head on the mirror – she couldn’t figure out why that baby would hit her!

Mia has been picking up some funny phrases lately. Just this afternoon she told me to “come on” when I was dawdling. She also hollers “I’m coming!” when I ask her where she is around the house. She loves the “swimming pool.” But my current favorite is when I ask her if she’d like something and she responds, “No, I’m fine,” while waiving her had loftily in the air. I was excited to get the “I’m fine” look (as well as the crazy, “I ripped out my pony-tails” hair) on camera…

And, finally, I thought you might like to see the entire family in all of our wedding splendor… which, while it isn’t truly that spectacular, might be enjoyable if you’ve been missing us more than you can stand… We’ve discovered that the best way to take photos is for the people who actually know what’s going on to smile and stare fixedly into the camera and pray fervently that something good will come of the expressions of the little ones. This photo aptly displays, “Mommy and Daddy: We’re fine, just fine, no really, the madness is only temporary… Maggie: Do that again and I’ll poke your eye out, pretty dress or no pretty dress… Mia: What about my eye? I can’t hear you through the headlock…” Don’t you just feel the love?

(On a totally different note, we went to the pediatrician for Maggie and found out that she’s healthy and probably had colic that just hasn’t quite gone away yet. We mentioned that Mia really enjoys licking Maggie’s head and the pediatrician recommended that we try feeding her more salt… go figure. We used to give the goat salt licks when I was growing up – perhaps we should visit the local feed store and find one for Mia so she can leave the fuzz on her sister’s head alone.)

Enjoy Easter, my friends! It’s about more than the bunnies… and the days off if you work at a Christian college! J I shall, however, be eating my fair share of Peeps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love these pictures... we laughed so hard! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...