I have been rather full of emotions lately. I don’t know if it’s the changing of the weather, the fact that both of my babies are toddlers, my job has been really stressful and is now slowing down… I have many excuses for my emotions but none of the excuses seem to help with the reality that I’ve been moody. It’s the space where I watch commercials on t.v. and begin to tear up…
So, this afternoon I was wallowing in my crazy emotions, sitting on Mia’s stool she uses to reach the sink when she washes her hands with my head between my legs, classic “I’m hyperventilating” mode. Isaiah was playing with Mia and Maggie and I was just listening to them have fun.
Mia came to an abrupt stop from the play action and sat on Isaiah’s lap, staring at me with great curiosity: “I want watch dying!”
That was it, I had to come out of my funk immediately. And run to write the story down as soon as possible so that my memory wouldn’t lose it!
Today is an indoor day, it’s raining. Not nearly as bad as people in Texas, etc. have been hit, but we are seeing some consistent rainfall. Isaiah actually had two soccer games cancelled today because the fields were under water (they were away games). Mia is out of control with energy, so I think we’re going to hit the McDonald’s play land before too long. Maggie, who is proudly in the 5% of weight for her age (but 60% for height… yes, the genes for tarantulas are staying true!), is throwing her weight around like no one’s business. She can actually win in hand-to-hand combat with Mia over a toy.
I will continue on my way of life…
1 comment:
Still loving Mia's stories! She's a riot. Sorry to hear you're overwhelmed; it seems that we will always struggle with this in our culture today! B and I are doing well with transition and I still find myself stressing. Sadly, I don't have the excuse you do with your work hours, husband and kids! Miss ya'll. Tell Izzy, "Hey" for us.
Post a Comment