Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Update on my dad

Hi, everyone,

Here’s what I know so far regarding my dad… he’s stable but they’re going to keep him at Mayo for awhile. According to my sister, the medication and lack of food, etc. had created a situation where all but about 1/3 of his healthy blood cells had been killed.

He’s been getting blood infusions all night and when I spoke with him this morning he was lucid and feeling ok. My mom thinks he’s out of the woods and while I was on the phone one of the medical staff came in the room and said, “Mr. Story? Wow – you look much better than I thought you would!” which I find VERY reassuring!

Thank you for your prayers – they’re working! Now, he just has to keep up his physical therapy for the knee surgery while all of this is happening… but, he’s got a bit of stubbornness (I inherited it genetically from both sides!) so I think all will be well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JJ Glad to hear your father is doing better. The balancing of the blood thinners after a knee replacement is very tricky and you really have to eat right and drink plenty of water. They should be able to monitor it closely and then rehab is just a bunch of hard work. It is worth it in the long run.

Don

Kelly Benware said...

Sorry to hear about your dad JJ; hope all else is well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...