Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Knowledge has limits and that's OK

I guess it's time I cleared a few things up.

There's some stuff I'm never going to "get."

I'll never understand why we drive in a parkway and park in a driveway, why boxing rings are square, why a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor a pig.

I will never "get" the immensity of grace, or fully understand the details of heaven or hell.

I don’t understand why all three of our children were up more than an hour before our normal waking time this morning.

Or why, when I came out to the living room with blurry eyes to investigate, I found Maggie sitting cross-legged in the middle of the living room floor with a box over her head singing a nonsense song.

Though I try (I really do!) to understand the social dynamics of Pre-K interactions, I cannot figure out why Jacy was Mia's friend for several weeks and now is not because she wanted to be the Mommy when they play house.

Or that Trenton, who is best friends with "Leland the Menacing" and was the sworn arch enemy last week, has suddenly decided to kiss Mia's hand. And nose.

As Mia said this afternoon, "Trenton kissed my nose today. Then he tried to kiss me lots more times but I ran away too fast."

I don't "get" it.

There's one thing I do know with certainty, however:

There's a certain Daddy with a shotgun handy if our daughters get too kissey-kissey.




JJ

1 comment:

stephanie said...

ha ha! they are so cute!

(totally don't blame you with the shotgun thing. stay away, boys.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...