Saturday, December 25, 2010

It's a White Christmas!


Merry Christmas!

I woke up this morning at the blissful hour of 8 am, ages after my dear sweets had woken up to drool over Christmas presents and guess at what was in the shiny bags. They made out like bandits. Controversy ensued when Mia's doll came with a carrying pouch and Maggie's a bottle, so I've put those babies to nap time and I'm not sure when they'll wake up. They're very tired dollies.

I've also put my dear cherubs to bed because, somehow, a time change, late nights, Christmas excitement and an 11 p.m. Christmas Eve bedtime don't work well for the preschooler's system. Who knew?

A clever friend of ours here in the Phoenix metropolitan area has noted that we are enjoying a white Christmas this year – there are plenty of snowbirds busting out their shorts in the 70 degree weather to show off their sun-deprived appendages! This is the same friend who arrived armed at the Christmas Eve service last night – he brought a gun into the house of GOD! - so that we can transport the items across state lines back to Oklahoma. Apparently TSA would become concerned if his son tried to fly with the gun and ammunition. Government officials these days…

We have been enjoying our time with Isaiah's family very much – aside from the fact that it's DECEMBER and I'm SWEATING. The girls have been practically perfect in every way…

… Well, except for when Mia got in trouble and after I disciplined her she looked at me and said, "How can you treat a child that way?!"

… Or when Maggie experienced what I can only assume is hair envy and decided she didn't like the girl in the play area because she was "wearing a pony tail and that's gross!"

… Except that Mikayla is officially crawling, so we're keeping on our toes by diverting her away from electrical sockets and from eating the hair off the dogs.

One of my favorite bizarre memories from this Christmas will be the man driving an electric wheelchair down the road dressed in a white sheet with a blinking Christmas tree attached to the back. Isaiah wouldn't let me take a picture, even after he stopped and told us off for blocking the sidewalk.

Brunch is about to be served and I've been salivating for what feels like 100 years over the smell, so I'm going to sign off for now and go gorge myself.

And to you and yours, whatever may make up your "white Christmas," have a wonderful day and evening!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...