I'm sitting on my living room sofa in the dark. Isaiah has his computer open and is learning how to conquer the world of 3D filming thanks to an online tutorial. They could be speaking Na'vi for all I can tell. He's really excited about it, though.
The kids are asleep and I'm reading Facebook status updates and eating candies. Specifically, those little blackberries/raspberries with very small beads of candy coating.
I have Mikayla, Maggie and Mia snot all over me from a variety of emotional moments today. Somehow, I got it on my fingers and then ate it.
Yep. I accidentally ate a booger. I felt it, thought it was a candy bead, and ate it. Then it got stuck to my teeth.
Yuck! There's no way to make that ok. It doesn't help that my husband thinks it's hilarious.
Whatever. He shoots defenseless pumpkins in his spare time.
I'm proud to announce that we had five girls aged five and under in our house this afternoon and nothing has been destroyed (including my equilibrium!), no one was injured, no tears were shed (specific to the play date), and we also made baked apples.
That, my dear ones, is what I call Success! The baked apples were pretty good, too. I think they're going to end up as applesauce before too long. Yum – much tastier than booger.
On another note… It's the end of the semester, people are tense about the holidays and there's fresh drama with a side of crazy being served up all over.
With that in mind, I thought I would pass on a smile/gasp at the evidence of my ninja skills. (or maybe proof of my own brand of looney tunes.)
By pure happenstance, we got a photo of the lunge of Mikayla during our family photo session for Christmas cards. When she tried to leap from my arms my heart jumped into my chest. It was awful. She didn't escape though! I am also proud of my ninja reflexes which allowed me to catch her last week, mid-air, when she took a swan-dive off of the side of the bed.
She's quick. She's fearless. She's strong. She's learning to crawl and she's started pulling up on everything.
Sigh. We're in for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment