Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mexican Run-Down

When I wrote the Jiffy Lube post I had no idea it would strike a nerve in three of you.  And the fact that three of you have commented back and forth about the war of the Mexican items is absolutely a sign that I need to further the discussion but dedicating an entire post to it.

While Chipotle does make my husband happy, I'm going to have to say that it has no place in real life.

Burritos should not have black beans.  Or rice.  Or be large enough to make you look like there is a wildebeest in your stomach after you've finished eating.

Taco Bell, while admittedly not exactly Mexican food, nor exactly using real beef but rather a beef product, is still akin to ambrosia.  Taco Bell allows you to eat in the wee hours of the night if needed.  Taco Bell has creamy beans.

I've also recently discovered the Fresco Bean Burrito, which is in the running for the number one discovery of 2011 that makes my life complete.

Never been to a Qdoba or a Taco Mayo.  But I will say that those cinnamon puffs at Taco Johns put a smile on my face and caused me to drive 15 miles out of my way while on a soccer road trip this past fall.

Oh - and Taco Bueno appears to be a Christian company - at least they offer Veggie Tales kids meals and special meat-free dishes for Lent.  Plus Coke products.  And since I have Coke running in my veins instead of blood, well, that's definitely a plus for the Bueno.

That's all I have to say about Mexican fast food restaurants.

But Chipotle does NOT win.  Anything except the prize of vomitous indigestion.

1 comment:

Don Veale said...

I come from the world of Real Mexican food.. not anglo style but authentic. So Taco Bell is not, Chipotle is not, Del Taco is not.. However, if you are ever in San Diego, I can take you to some great places that serve cheese stuffed cabbage leaves and real tamales....LOL

I spent a couple of years working in a true authentic Mexican Restaurant many years ago.. and am still addicted..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...