Saturday, May 21, 2011

When it Rains...

So… the good news is that my mom is recovering quite well!  She's full of spit and vinegar and that's just the way I like her.

I also just laughed incredibly hard because my dad was asleep on the sofa while we talked and suddenly let out a LOUD roar and slapped his hands together.  My mom nailed him with a solid smack and yelled, "Wake up!"  

My dad startled, then said, "I needed to catch my rabbit!"  I asked him if he got that dream rabbit and he said that he sure had.  I'm convinced the white poodle on his lap is lucky to be alive!

I am in need of the laughter because Isaiah and I got news today that because of a budgetary shortfall we had absolutely nothing to do with the college is making significant cuts and our jobs have been eliminated.  Our boss is regretful, says we have been excellent to work with and will receive his very best recommendation but are no longer employed.

We have known for years our positions would be the first to go if there were cuts made in our area, though it's always a bit surprising to see what you've known about come into reality.  In some ways it's actually good timing because of the health concerns in our family; we are glad to have an opportunity to get closer to Arizona.

BUT… it's going to be an interesting few weeks.  We'll be driving back to Bartlesville to pack up the house this weekend and let Mia finish her last week of Pre-K, rent a moving truck, load the dogs up and head west.

If you know of any freelance writing jobs or audio-visual technician jobs just waiting to be filled, let me know ;)

Love you guys!

~jj

2 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW, that's shocking, JJ! I'm glad you're keeping such a sunny outlook. One thing is for sure, when you pray for God's direction and He does something like this.....you know He has a plan He doesn't want you to miss! Thank you, Lord! : )

Unknown said...

Love you guys. I am so sorry that it is raining and pouring all over you. I just said a prayer for you. Blessings upon blessings to you!!! Love, Amber

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...