Sunday, May 8, 2011

We're still here....

Guess what?!  I have a back yard and I love it!

Our kids have spent all weekend in the backyard.  We haven't gone anywhere, we haven't complained about it, we've just existed as a family together, playing, and enjoying.

I'm not sure but this may be a bit like heaven.

I feel like I've really been slacking on the updates from our family, but hey, you can't lose a tooth every day and we haven't had many noteworthy items up for discussion besides that.

I could tell you about how Mikayla ripped open her diaper and finger painted with its contents and that it was really, really, really gross and made me so happy we have the sanitary cycle on the washer…

Or how Maggie can quote entire scenes of the movie, "Despicable Me" and even though I'm ashamed because it means she's watched it too many times I can't help but think she's ridiculously cute when she says, "Edith!  What did you put on my desk, Edith?!" "A mud pie." " You know you're never going to get adopted, don't you, Edith?"  It's quite cute…

I could mention that Mia has only one hole in her mouth from a lost tooth but two new teeth poking in behind.  It's like she's a shark!  There's a whole new row of teeth coming in right behind the original ones and it's really freaking me out because I have visions of just a bristling mouth of teeth and never being able to fully floss…

I could mention that it's been one year since Isaiah finished his master's and I'm still really proud of him for that accomplishment and I also think it's pretty nifty that he was able to troubleshoot our rusted grill issue when we tried to BBQ yesterday…

I could mention that the carrot of completing my PhD was dangled in front of my nose and I want it so very badly but I don't know how to be a doctoral student, mom, teacher, and housing director all at the same time…

But instead I'll just say that I've still consistently written every day on Stealing Faith, which I'm very proud about, and our life is complicated but oh so very blessed, and I have a better understanding of why you shouldn't ever volunteer to be the person who provides breakfast to your Sunday School class after my hazing experience this morning that ended with an emergency run to QT for muffins and doughnuts.

And wish all of you moms an exceptionally Happy Mother's Day and say THANK YOU for showing me how to live graciously through all of the adventures of life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Backyards are the very best!

- Kel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...