Not only has the little bittie made great strides in saying, "More," "Samba," "dog," and "Gidgette" (my parent's dog), she has just wowed us with her first sign languages... "please", "thank you," "drink" and "all done."
| Mikayla's no Dumbo... :) |
It's exciting to imagine all the words inside of her starting to come out - she's already singing and narrating most of her day with baby coos. But then I think about how much her sisters talk and wonder if silence is truly golden?
For example, coming home from a friend's birthday party last night we over heard this conversation:
Mia: I want to bounce on the moon.
Maggie: Well, you can fly on a dragon to get there.
{short time passed where Maggie talked about how special her Angelina Ballerina underpants are}
Mia: Maggie, Angelina Ballerina is NOT REAL. She's just a mouse. A mouse who talks... but real mice say oink, oink, oink.
(This is one of the times when I feel I need to defend how we teach our children. I promise, I've never heard a mouse say oink, oink, oink nor have I repeated such a scandalous statement. Mia came up on it all by herself.)
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment