I got to laugh at my husband tonight.
He wasn’t laughing. His tooth was hurting.
Here’s why, told from his perspective:
“I was eating at lunch today and I had a french fry in one hand an a forkful of rice in the other.
I wasn’t really paying attention, all of the sudden I had the forkful of rice in my mouth and I bit down on it — hard.
I felt a piece of my tooth in my mouth and realized I cracked my tooth!
Afterward, I wondered why on Earth I had done that? And I realized... I thought I was going to be eating a french fry instead of the fork.”
In writing this to you, I realize that it might not seem so funny. But if you could have seen his expression and puzzlement and heard his tone of voice, I think you would also get a little chuckle out of it.
His explanation for the entire incident? That he’s just tired and preparing for the crazy moves we’ll both be making as soon as the baby arrives. Ha!
Actually, I don’t want to think about that yet. It just makes me want to go to sleep right now and not wake up until April!
As I write this Mia and Maggie are playing in the living areas of the house. Maggie is on her hands and knees crawling and Mia is following her chanting, “Good girl, good girl, good girl...” I just asked Mia what she’s doing.
“We’re playing baby and mommy,” she answered. “I’m the Mommy and she’s the baby.”
“But why are you telling her ‘good girl’?” I asked.
“Well, because she’s crawling, Mommy,” Mia answered in a “you dummy” tone of voice. “She only knows how to crawl to walk and she’s doing a really good job!”
Oh. That makes perfect sense. Huh?
At least they’re not hitting each other. Earlier Mia kicked Maggie in the head. You just never know what’s going to happen around here.
JJ
No comments:
Post a Comment