I have a good friend from graduate school who was from Owensboro, KY - he posted this on his Twitter and I had to do a little more research myself. After reading the story I just sat and laughed, in fact, I'm still laughing! You just can't make this stuff up! Hope you enjoy.
OWENSBORO, Ky., March 8 (UPI) -- Police in Kentucky said a woman arrested for public intoxication faces an additional charge for squirting breast milk on a deputy at the jail.
Daviess County sheriff's deputies said Toni Tramel, 31, of Owensboro, was arrested Thursday on a misdemeanor count of public intoxication and while changing into a jail uniform she allegedly sprayed a stream of breast milk into the face of a female deputy, WYMT-TV, Hazard, Ky., reported Monday.
The sheriff's office said the deputy went through a biohazard decontamination process and Tramel was booked on an additional charge of third degree assault on a police officer, a felony. She was being held in lieu of $10,000 bail.
***************
Another version killed me with the description of the suspect:
"Toni Tramel was arrested for public intoxication and booked into the Daviess County Detention Center Thursday afternoon. As she changed into a jail uniform, police say Tramel grabbed her chest and squirted a stream of breast milk into the face of a female officer.
Police then added an additional charge against the lactating suspect: third-degree assault on a police officer, a felony. Tramel's bond was set at $10,000.
**********************
This whole situation has caused some controversy:
"But that charge [felony for assault of a police officer] has sparked some debate over whether using breast milk as a weapon is really a felony-level offense, according to Fox News, “with many readers likening it to an accused person spitting on an officer.” Others have objected to the police press release’s use of the term “bio-hazard” to refer to breast milk."
Where are the attorney's for La Leche League?! Bring it on breast milk Haters!
***********************
After I posted this I looked at the "related stories" links off of the page and got a kick out of those as well:
No comments:
Post a Comment