Sunday, March 21, 2010

World's Strongest Man

I'm happy to announce that Mia made it through the night without The Worst happening. (Which, all of us know was really a figment of my hyperactive, stressed out imaginings and it being way past midnight...)

But as a quick aside I wanted to share that we've been watching a lot of t.v. the last few days.

Yesterday Isaiah introduced Mia to the World's Strongest Man competition on ESPN. Apparently she and I are similar in our strange fascination with these tree-trunk men doing ridiculous things like carrying Volkswagons on their backs.



Anyway, Mia was watching with him on the sofa and announced, "Daddy, I think those men are very strong."

"Yep," Isaiah said. "They sure are."

"But you're stronger. I think you can lift that weight." Mia said.

Isaiah took a look at the man who had just lifted a 210 lbs. dumbbell with one hand.

"That's pretty heavy, Mia. I'm not sure I could do that," Isaiah responded.

"Of course you can," Mia said. "I think you're the strongest man in the world."

Isaiah and I have decided this makes up for the "you weigh as much as our car" comment!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...