
Today we not only accomplished taking the children out into public – to a movie no-less! - without extreme shame and embarrassment, I also was able to bake banana muffins with the help of two small kiddos while holding a baby who had – count them! - four explosive bowel movements!
If I can do this, move over President Obama, I can manage the free-world!Not to take anything away from my current stint resting on top of the world, but it is true that if you backtrack just a few hours you would have found me with a terrible case of the I-don’t-wanna’s, looking at my husband and tearfully reporting to him that I’m a horrible mother who just wanted to be left alone in quiet to work on my instructors manual for my fall classes.
Then wonderful, glorious naptime arrived and hit the reset button in our household.
I love naptime so much that I get a little choked up at the thought of it. And actually cry when I consider that since the girls will continue to grow up it’s not going to last forever.
The muffins just came out of the oven, I’m getting ready to enlist Isaiah’s help to BBQ some chicken, Mikayla’s sitting peacefully on my lap plucking at my hands as I chicken-peck this little note, and Mia and Maggie are pretending they are dogs who wear gymnastics leotards backwards.
Chaos has a new name. It’s called home.
JJ
No comments:
Post a Comment