More stories from the gross vaults of my life…
Last night Mia came to see me right before she was going to bed. She had just finished her milk and walked in for her hug and kiss.
So, I snuggled her up close, gave her a hug, and tried not to recoil as she promptly vomited on my shoulder and down the front of my shirt.
Are you serious??? Is this my life??? I was sitting as still as I could, well aware that if I moved the pool of vomit collecting in between my breasts would spill down onto the upholstered chair and I wouldn’t be able to sit in it because I have a bionic sniffer. And then Mia said, “I threw up! I feel better Mommy.”
Well, that’s a good thing, baby girl. Why don’t you share your sickness with Daddy next time?
There’s no pleasure in having vomit on you, but it’s a lot easier to have the breast-fed baby spit up than honest-to-goodness, 2-year-old puke. Yuck.
Is it possible to become lactose intolerant overnight? Mia has been a milk-a-holic since she was 13 months old. Then, magically, yesterday she drank her milk and vomited it up twice! Is this a new phase? I don’t know. But she’s not allowed to drink milk for a little while as we test this theory.
And, because Maggie has to be like big sister, she’s been showing off her own new skill.
She actually knows how to blow her nose. It’s really cute, because she’ll blow her nose whenever a tissue comes her way. It’s a little snort.
But yesterday and today she has decided that tissues are optional. Nope, she just blows the snot straight into her hand and then goes about her business.
Yeesh.
On a positive note, however, Mia came in to be snuggled again this morning. She sat on my lap and we listened to our stomachs gurgle. Mine would gurgle, then hers… it was as though they were having a conversation.
So, I asked Mia what she thought they were saying.
Mia: I don’t know, Mommy. [pause] Oh! I know! They’re saying, “I love you!”
From now on, my gurgly stomach will be a special note from my daughter to me – I love you!
Just proof that in the midst of our scuz we are able to find something beautiful. It just may be layered underneath nastiness.
__________________________________________________________
And a quick update… apparently I have amazing powers of suggestion. Tonight Maggie threw up in the cafeteria all over Isaiah (and again on another student. We won’t mention her sympathetic vomiting incident.). Whoops. I guess that I won’t be wishing for him to get some vomit-lovin’ anytime soon!
So, at this moment, I have two sleeping children, one on a mattress on the floor by our bed and the other in their own bed, probably going to wake up tomorrow covered in nastiness. Life is so good.
1 comment:
You have been busy posting! Congrats on the skinny jeans, though I would have never known the difference! You always have had a flattering figure.
Love the stories on the little ones and enjoy that tree. It is my favorite part of Christmas!
Post a Comment