Well, picture the same effect, substitute chocolate for Oreo cookies, and multiply times three. You now have a visual reason of why I should never be allowed to babysit.
I never did much babysitting as a teen. I was the youngest of my family generation and Sedona isn't really a kid place, much more of a senior citizen mecca. So I will state in my own defense that I'm just not too "up" on how to take care of other people's kids and it's still amazing to me that God would trust me with two of my own.
I watched our little friend Keziah this afternoon. I think it's worth stating that Keziah's mom called late yesterday to ask, after exhausting ALL possible other options. :)
Here's a photo of Keziah from Mia's birthday party (she's so beautiful - and clean!):
Anyway, I thought that it would be a fun activity to make peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies. It was! We woke up from nap and moved to the kitchen and just had a blast! They popped into the oven, came out, we smashed kisses into the cookies and life was good.

Until I stopped watching and instead changed Maggie's diaper.
Mia took advantage of my inattention and used her grasshopper legs and Sears-toweresque hieght to snag the cookies from the counter and disperse them with abandon to Keziah.
And then Maggie. Because while I was trying to clean Keziah up Maggie got in on the action. I just found chocolate in her socks when I changed her into her p.j.'s for the night!
So, I was forced to admit to Keziah's mom that I not only gave her chocolate, but also won't return a few items of clothing because I'm working on getting the chocolate stains out of them. Yowzers!
But, if that's the worst of it, I think we'll survive. I just won't be getting any more jobs as a babysitter!
1 comment:
Oh yes you will! We love you guys!
Post a Comment