Mama says I should write a book. She also says it should include a bit less poop.
Then my Mama started telling me about a person in her hometown, retirement village-USA, a man was scammed because he had out his granddaughter's name and location on the Internet in a Facebook update and therefore I should stop sharing details about our lives.
I'm not sure I know how to write without using my children as fodder or venting my angst at their antics.
So, my trusted friends, I need some feedback.
Does everyone who reads this actually know us? If not, how did you find this blog?
Do you think I'm putting my family at risk with my topics and information shared?
Is Mama right?!
I need comments. Really. So hit the little button, give me your opinion, put the password that looks like a squirrel ran over the keyboard in, and hit "post comment."
I need you. All this reading enjoyment and laughter at my expense now has a price. The price of a comment.
6 comments:
I am not the one your momma warned you about : )
I do know you all and love reading your blog. I understand your mothers concerns, however, it's not like you are posting address and phone number type stuff.
You have to filter according to your own concerns and I think you do very well with that already.
Also, I agree with you mom about writing a book. You would do well.
Happy Thanksgiving to the Okie Veales
I think you're ok. I agree with Don! I love your blog! Sometimes it makes me laugh until I cry and other times I just cry! Like when you post letters to your children. I guess you could give them all assumed names. I know one blogger who gave all her family coffee names from starbucks. her husband was "Starbuck". The kids were "Venti" and other names.
A book would be fabulous!
Ruth Stedwell
I know you, and as a fellow blogger (two geneology blogs...so real names have to be used to make it work) I understand the caution of publishing your name. But you aren't giving your phone number, you give information that makes you real. And use your best judgment on the rest.
Your long lost grad school friend who loves peeking into your life,
Anna B
My Aunt Judi is also worried about things happening to us due to our blog. She asked my dad if he thought my girls would be kidnapped because I have pictures of them on my blog. Yikes!
Anyway, I know you, and I read your blog, and I enjoy it!!!
I know you and your wonderful family. I love reading what you and your girls are up too. I too think you should write a book. I think it would make a great baby shower gift. I would not worry about the info on the blog, you are not giving addresses or exactly where the girls go to school, etc.
Post a Comment