Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ebb & Flow


I'm a firm believer in the ebb and flow of life, that things take turn coming into focus and then move out of focus to be replaced by something else.

Feel like your love for your spouse just isn't the same as that romantic glow you felt when you were recently engaged?  Wait it out.  The love feelings will ebb and flow and you just keep acting in a loving way…

Feel like the Terrible Twos morphed into the Tortuous Threes?  Wait it out.  The behavior will ebb and flow and eventually your child will eat something besides chicken nuggets and speak in a voice that doesn't make dogs keen and crystal glasses shatter.  Ebb and flow…

So, since I firmly believe that the trick is to ORDER your life (with your priorities in line rather than to BALANCE your life, which would assign every priority the same significance) and that things ebb and flow…

…Can someone please tell me when the laundry that has eaten our love seat will ebb and flow its way into our closets?



Every morning this week I have woken up hoping the pile miraculously disappeared, put away by the Shoemakers Elves over the course of the night.

Every morning I am disappointed and we rummage through the pile to discover what we'll wear for the day (since there's nothing left in our closets).

Today I had a horrible, deadly thought: We have someone coming to live in our house next week and house sit. I'm going to assume they want clean sheets on the bed and a place to sit in the living room which means that I really need to get my act together.  Quickly.

Plus, if we don't get that pile under control we're going to be wandering around Arizona nekkid and I'm pretty sure that the weather might be nice but it's not that nice…

However, Mia will be able to practice her Spanish counting skills, which right now leave a little to be desired.  After all, this is how she counted her numbers in Spanish this week:

"Uno, dos, tres, RUNTRO, STINKO, seis…"

She's a brilliant, raving lunatic, that girl.  The life of the party.

That's all from me tonight.  I'm going to give the laundry pile the evil eye and see if it magically flows away overnight.

What?!  It could happen!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...