Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our Blessings

"We should understand that teaching our children is our delight, our joy, our opportunity.  When we see spending time with them as a burden, rather than a joy, we see further evidence of how en cultured we have become.  Children, biblically speaking, are a blessing from God.  And we ought to seek out time with blessings from God, not plot out ways to avoid them, or hand them over to others." 
 ~ RC Sproul, Jr. (from When You Rise Up)





Tonight's update is short and sweet because it's been one of those days.

As I told Isaiah, my trip to Tulsa to drop off the sewing machine for service with the girls was wonderful... and torturous!  It's amazing to me how three very well-behaved girls can wear me down to the bone simply by having questions about everything.

So, tonight, I just needed the refreshment and perspective provided by the above quote.  (The book it comes from actually made me very angry in many parts, but I did like his attitude toward kiddos, so I won't throw the baby out with the bath water on this one!)

On a completely random note, Penny is asleep on the foot of the recliner.  She just stretched luxuriously in her sleep and rolled off the sofa.  She hit the floor with a solid, squishy thunk and I laughed.

Sometimes I think that Samba the dumb Great Dane is smarter than Penny, the juvenile of the smart Poodle breed.

That's all.  Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that any dog named Penny is destined to be a little slow. My Penny definitely rides the doggy short bus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...