| This handsome young man was the recipient of Mia's first kiss. She pinned him to the ground and smacked one on him. She's a determined little thing. |
After holding firm for at least two years, Mia has announced that she would like to marry!
Originally she was dead set against marrying anyone but baby Jesus but after school yesterday Mia told me that she was ready to settle down in a different way.
I was intensely curious about what had changed her mind and this is what she told me:
"I was at school today and I have been thinking about whether to marry or not marry.
I dream about it a lot and sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
So I was thinking about it at school and I just decided, "Yes! I want to be married!"
I looked at Caidon and said, "Caidon, I want to get married when I grow up."
And then Caidon, he said, "Well, you can marry me."
And I said, "No."
I said, "I just don't want to marry you. I want to marry the boy I have a crush on. But I don't remember his name."
I asked her if Caidon was sad that she had rejected his proposal. She said he wasn't, that he'd been playing with another boy and maybe didn't even hear her say no, which makes me wonder what kind of kid this Caidon is if he's willing to just propose and not pay attention to the answer.
I asked her why she wanted to be married now after saying no for so long.
"I just keep thinking that getting married is good."
Then she went on,
"I don't know why anyone wants to get married, but can I ask you a question? If you get married will you have to have a baby? Because I don't want one. Well, I might want a baby if it didn't hurt."
And that was the end of the conversation.
Tomorrow is Parent's Night Out which is when she's supposed to see her crush again. I'm going to be very interested to see if she still has a crush at the end of their date night.
In the meantime, Isaiah and I will be dressing up as Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head for an event tomorrow night. We don't have our costumes yet. If you'd like to suggest how we become spuds by 6 p.m. with homemade costumes, I'm all ears.
And I won't even throw them at you. (ha, ha! Get it, Potato Heads have removable parts! Ha, ha! Oh. You're not laughing. Ahem. Moving on...)
No comments:
Post a Comment