Monday, January 10, 2011

My husband is REALLY outnumbered now.

You can pretty much guarantee that when I don't write for a few days there's something going on. It may involve trauma with the kiddos or a major life change, but I've discovered that when I have something that I'm not talking about in one area of my life I don't talk about anything very much.

So, here's the secret.

We have some new family members. Their names are Samantha and Penny and they are toy poodles. It's all my parent's fault!

When we brought Samba back into our lives Isaiah told me that he knew I would want a poodle and he was ok with it because Samba was his dog (since I suppose a dog built like a car is significantly manly enough to claim).

At that time I told him I had plenty of things claiming my attention and arms so I would take a raincheck on the poodle. That lasted right up to Christmas day.

Then we went to my parent's house and their poodle, Sophie, gave me snuggles and kisses and I realized that I've had a white poodle in my life pretty much constantly and I really, really missed it!

That realization then started off a frenzied, exhaustive search on petfinder.com and the newspaper classifieds to find a poodle in either Arizona or Oklahoma. Isaiah smooshed the Arizona idea but when I found the ad in the Tulsa World and we had a date night, he told me that as a token of his love for me we could go look at poodles.

I assured him we wouldn't get a poodle unless it was perfect.

We proceeded to meet a lady possessing three dogs, nine kids and 30 more poodles at home that they'd been breeding for a 4-H project and I liked whichever dog Isaiah was holding best and then Isaiah liked the puppy but the puppy wasn't white and so when it was all said and done we thought, what the hay?! Why not go ahead and get both of them?!

(Here is where you insert a statement about us being addicted to stress. Guilty as charged. But dogs are good for stress, dontchaknow??)

So, here they are, Samantha is the white poodle, she's 5, and Penny is the copper poodle, she's 8 weeks. So far they've been so good, just perfect little ladies, and Mia and Maggie are over the moon about them! Samba likes them too, though she's a little confused about them, not being the swiftest of all creatures.




And I have no more secrets to tell, so I will be writing more in the future.

1 comment:

Rebecka Peterson said...

At first I thought you were crazy when I read you were adding more pets into the family. Then I read about the original owner with nine kids and decided you guys were way better off than she.

Then I saw the picture and decided you're completely off the hook. How could you say no?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...