There's a difference between reproducing in Arizona and Oklahoma.
No, not in the basics of it all! I'm talking about a difference in volume.
In Oklahoma, we take our little family of three cherubs out and about and people comment about how sweet it is, how close they are in age, how we must be busy. Then they ask if we're having more and tell stories about how they had 62 children themselves and loved every minute of it.
In Arizona, we go out with our family and people as us if we're Mormons. Or Catholic. They give us skeptical looks, curl their upper lip, and ask if we're done yet? Most of those people also drive a Subaru instead of a Suburban. Just something I've noticed.
In response to this regional difference I've decided to start carrying this photo around in my wallet:
The next time I get grief about the number of children we have I'm going to whip this photo out and sweetly assure the person that we will stop procreating before I look like this.
(And maybe I'll be a little more understanding of why a possum is up all night.)
*Grandpa's heart surgery is at 7 a.m. Monday morning. Please send up thoughts for all things going well!*

No comments:
Post a Comment