Sunday, January 23, 2011

She's a Quadapus

Apparently there's some sort of important football game going on right now.  I know this because my husband has turned the living room into a man cave and is doing his best to ignore the squeaking infant and circling poodles and simply concentrate on football.

As for me, unless the characters from Super Why! are a part of the halftime show, I expect that a four-hour game has plenty of downs in it for me to check in about once a quarter and not miss much.

Mikayla – or as the girls renamed her, the Quadapus – has migrated past the charming baby stage where they just smile at you and pour out love and into the, "Let's Drop this As Many Times As Possible" stage.  She's still an easy baby and really cute, but, man, oh man, I wish she hadn't discovered her vocal chords quite yet.

Perhaps in response to my frustrated statements to you about not getting bed rest, my dear husband has offered two four-hour nap times to me in the past two days.  In response, the raspy voice I picked up from a chest cold is starting to recede.  Apparently my career as a jazz singer is gone before I even began. C'est la vie!

I want to write funny stories but am coming up short right now.  I'm appalled by the news reports coming out of the Pennsylvania abortion doctor prosecution.  It makes my heart hurt to put myself in the place of the "patients" that went to that women's health clinic.  I also read a really interesting book review of "Cinderella Ate My Daughter" that I'm dying to actually read now to try to figure out Orenstein's take on why our playroom looks like a pink ruffle-eating unicorn exploded, leaving frothy pink remnants all over the carpeting.

(The simple answer is that it's because my girls are being plied with pink and ruffles.  They don't have access to cash to buy it themselves!  But my question is, why do they have hysterics over princess shoes and tiaras instead of G.I. Joe and Silly Putty?)

Now, there's a baby climbing my pants leg and some guys on t.v. running around in hot pants so I think I'd better close up and just say, "Night y'all!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...