Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Today is a Good Day

I love today.


We got back to Oklahoma around midnight last night, the last few hours were filled with the kind of conversations with my husband that are deep, thoughtful, and clarify values.


I actually went a little crazy before we left to get the house cleaner than usual, so when we walked into the house there was a fresh smell and a general feeling of peace because the countertops were clean. I think I'm going to clean immediately before every trip so that I can replicate this feeling anytime!


I spent the whole day with the girls and they were awesome. They both got haircuts, we shopped for milk (considering the milk I left in the fridge had the consistency of yogurt – eww – the cleaning didn't extend that far!), and I actually made a dinner using the Aldi's plan from www. Mealtimemakeover.com And it was good! Unbelievable!


We got the news that Grandpa is doing great, which is an answer to prayer, Isaiah met with two recruits who are very good and likely to come play for him, and life is good.


I have to record these things so I can remember it when everything in life looks dark, dreary, and overwhelming. Or when I'm covered in snot. Or the hollering at each other never seems to end. Yep. I need to remember this time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...