Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Home

Not only is Mia's birthday today, but she also came home from Pre-K with a book that she read to us!  I knew that her teacher had pulled her into a group of students who were ready to start reading, but I didn't know she'd progressed this far.

I just started working with her and Maggie on a book for reading, Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.  I think I'm going to be doing a few lessons at a time with Mia... and repeating them for Maggie! :)  (It's worth it, at the end of the lessons the kiddos are reading at a 2nd grade level, which translates to quiet time in their room with a book in my mind!)

Here's the photo of her so proud of herself:



Here's the video of the performance:


1 comment:

Don Veale said...

Reading can open up the world of imagination and knowledge. I think this is so great. Two of my kids are avid readers and I love to see kids fall in love with reading.
I personally couldn't read until I was twelve and had eye surgery. I fell in love with books and still try to read 4 or 5 a month.
Good luck and great joy Mia.. Happy Birthday
Uncle Donnie..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...