Greetings from the snowpocalypse of 2011!
We woke up this morning with something between 1" and 9,000" of snow. It depended where you looked in our backyard. There was also a grey squirrel with a white belly running along our fence which I found distracting so my measurement skills were lacking.
The "blizzard" conditions, which from my perspective were not at all Little House on the Prairie or Dairy Queen-worthy, caused the snow to swirl all over. Even now I'm not sure how many inches of snow we've really gotten because the wind has whipped it all over.
Though I don't have definite numbers of accumulation I can absolutely guarantee that the snow is deeper than the height of our toy poodles. And it reaches the Great Dane's belly. The poodles are too scared to go outside. They sink. I've put out a puppy pad by the doggie door and they look at me with guilty eyes as they go potty on the pad.
Samba is still going outside – but she ducked her nose in the snow this afternoon and lost what little mind she possesses. I don't know if the snow gave her a brain freeze or what but she started bucking like a bronco and bolted into the house tout suite.
Today inside the house we began our cloth diaper experiment. Mikayla cooperated nicely with the adventure by including excrement in her very first two dirty cloth diapers. Even so, it wasn't so bad.
I'm still in.
(My mother, the jedi master cleaner, has doubts about my ability to persevere in this endeavor. Upon learning of this decision she told me she gave me 10 days before I clutched my Pampers in my hands, kissed them repeatedly, and promised to never stray again. As our conversation continued she revised her initial estimate to 2 days. I told her I would be certain to keep with the cloth for at least 11 days just to prove her wrong.)
So, that's the news from the state of the state of emergency! We're alive, we even ventured outside thanks to our 4x4 vehicle, and all schools have been cancelled for tomorrow as well. I think Isaiah and a friend of ours may spend some time shoveling people's driveways tomorrow. Woo hoo – glad I'm not them! I'll be staying inside and drinking hot cocoa.
Although, if the snowpocalypse lasts more than 3 days things could get hairy around here. Wal-Mart is closed and I have food stockpiled but… Well… If it lasts too long we're going to be getting creative with pinto beans, cherry pie filling, salad dressings, olives, and capers. Oh! And chocolate syrup.
Which brings up a whole different situation. Do you have any ideas for indoor activities for little girls who are super excited about snow but not able to play in it because the temperature are too low??


1 comment:
Wow. I so love READING about it, not being in it. IDEA: I have a friend who blogged and said she brought snow in, put in in the bathtub and let her kids play with it there--Dresssed, and not in the tub with it ; )
Post a Comment