No snow today! The girls did go outside and play in the snow. They love it so much... for about 5 minutes. Then it's inside, change out of the clothes, put the wet stuff in the dryer, repeat in 40 minutes. More fun for them than for me.
(topic change)
The highlight of my day was remembering that you get the Oregon Trail as an app on the iTouch. In my perfect world I get to play Oregon Trail all day and never sort socks.
I also read that Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? is coming to Facebook as a game! I've never played a Facebook game but I have very strong, positive memories of Carmen Sandiego so this might kick off a new era of Facebook usage. I may have pretended to be Carmen Sandiego during a few points of middle school angst when I needed to feel sneaky and important. I can guarantee that my understanding of world geography was greatly influenced by the hours I spend with Carmen on the old Tandy.
(topic change)
While Mia continues to stick to the determination that she will never, ever, not even once have a child I found out today that Maggie intends to have five children. She's decided on three girls and two boys. She's very specific, explains her plan with vehement hand gestures, and isn't at all concerned that five is considered a large family in all states except Oklahoma and Utah.
(topic change)
Mia sidled up to me tonight as she was trying to delay bedtime and said, "Mommy, I just feel like we need to fight. Can we fight right now? It just feels like we should."
I continue to be concerned with this statement. We hadn't been fighting, she didn't act upset, she just "felt like" we should fight. I didn't want to fight. Now, if she'd mentioned this moments after her announcement last week that I was still "pretty fat on my stomach and hips" then I might have fought with her. But she's been so good today all my fighting gumption was gone.
(topic change)
Because I figure someday I'll want to remember it, I did type her howling dialogue during a disagreement on the way home from Tulsa last week. Isaiah was driving so I was able to tap away on the phone trying to get all the words in the right order. Here goes, what it sounded like when Mia couldn't get us to stop the car for a snack after she disregarded her entire dinner and then decided she was going to DIE:
"I'm starving, I'm not lying, it's the truth. I'm starving! I'm like three starvings right now! My tummy hurts because I'm so hungry! You're saying I'm not going to have food again, not for breakfast, not for lunch, not for dinner, not even for snack!
"I'll never have food again!
"I'm telling the truth - I want to be home, I don't want to be in the car! I can't wait! I know I'm being awful but I'm not trying to be an awful kid but I'm really hungry.
"I need you back here in the car sitting next to me! I promise! I promise I'll stop crying if you come back here!
"I'm going to die if you say you won't come! I need something to eat - I need someone to snuggle with! I want to snuggle!"
If that doesn't cinch that the kid's got a dramatic flair, I don't know what will. The howls would be so much more effective if they didn't happen so regularly... but I'm pleased to announce that she didn't die of starvation and she got lots of snuggles as soon as the car was stopped and I wasn't going to have to perform acrobatic moves worthy of the Chinese circus to get to the back of the moving vehicle from the front seat.
That was a really long sentence.
(topic change)
I also feel the need to interject here that I believe strongly that there is a Chinese mafia and it involves the Chinese food restaurant in Bloomington, IN and possibly all acrobatic circuses except perhaps the Chinese acrobats who perform at Silver Dollar City. I just can't believe that Silver Dollar City would deal with the Chinese mafia.
(topic change)
And now that we've got that settled I'll just mention one more thing. The cloth diapering is back on. The rash has disappeared so we went back to cloth today and it was a good day.
(I wanted to keep track of all the topic changes I had in one update. Aren't you glad you don't live within my head?? I've written this whole post in less than five minutes and all of that came spewing out in that amount of time. Huh. It rivals, but does not surpass the evening I gave out imaginary prizes to some students. They were honored to win a gold star, a golden medallion engraved with a hippo, a pot holder, and a kazoo.)
That's all I have to say about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment